Controller – Casper, Wyoming
True Oil LLC is currently hiring for a Controller in beautiful Casper, Wyoming. The True companies are a family-owned diverse group of companies that the Controller is responsible for managing the Accounting and Credit Departments for the all of the True companies, which includes multiple companies across variety of industries (E&P, upstream, midstream, downstream, and agriculture) within several states. The Controller has approximately ten (10) direct reports and oversees a staff of approximately fifty (50) employees with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit administration and financial reporting. The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and expertise to develop and mentor the staff, oversee the quality and timeliness of work produced, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures and processes to ensure the close and reporting process is efficient, timely and accurate.
- Reviews monthly accounting close processes including analytical review of monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Oversees and reviews the preparation of monthly financial statements. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in respect to the preparation of financial information.
- In conjunction with operational Managers/Superintendents, prepares and manages the production of forecasts for the combined Truecos group of businesses. Forecasts include income tax and cash flow that reflect a combination of actual data and forecasted results.
- Oversees the preparation of work papers supporting annual income tax return and compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Insures necessary regulatory reports such as sales tax reports and property tax renditions are filed accurately and timely.
- Coordinates and manages the oversight of information to external auditors.
- Recommends and monitors operating metrics or benchmarks for measuring the performance of company operations, when requested.
- Provides financial analysis as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Work with the Tax and Audit Department and outside consultants in preparing valuation reports for Partnership estate planning purposes.
- Implements, documents and maintains adequate and effective internal controls.
- Oversees and ensures the effective use of financial applications and system(s).
- Respects and protects confidentiality of all financial information.
- Monitors areas of responsibility for opportunities for improvement and innovation; works proactively to implement these.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises approximately ten (10) direct reports and oversees a staff of approximately fifty (50) employees.
- Monitors and reviews the personnel decisions, performance reviews, career development and succession planning of the Chief Accountants, Credit Director, and their staffs.
- Works with the Chief Accountants on accounting issues that are unique to their company.
- Coordinates activities of the Chief Accountants with the Tax and Audit Department and Treasury.
- Communicates tax law requirements to the Chief Accountants.
Minimum requirements include CPA or Master’s Degree in Accounting, with minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the accounting field, and/or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered. Must pass pre-employment background check, credit check and pre-employment drug screen. This is a full-time position that occasionally requires long hours and/or weekend work.
- Family Health Insurance Plan
- Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Cafeteria Plan
- Identity Theft Protection
We offer stable employment and competitive wages, 100 % funded profit sharing plan, 401(k) employer match, vacation, life insurance, family health plan, and incentives.
How to Apply
1 - Complete the application, and any other forms of your choosing below:
As of March 24, 2014, due to changes in federal law, True companies are required to invite job applicants and employees to self-identify their status as a member of certain protected groups. Applicants are invited to complete the self-identify forms along with the application for employment. Current employees may voluntarily and confidentially self-identify as members of certain ethnic groups, veterans or individuals with disabilities utilizing the forms within human resources link on the True companies employee page.
There are no benefits or penalties for choosing or declining to self-identify. Self-identifying is voluntary, confidential, and entirely self-reported. No one will follow up to verify if you are a veteran, have a disability, etc.
To request assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Human Resources at Humanresources@truecos.com or (307) 237-9301.
For information on how to self-Identify, to request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, and for answers to your questions please contact Human Resources at Humanresources@truecos.com or (307) 237-9301.
2 - Submit your cover letter, resume, and forms from above to the Human Resources Department:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Drawer 2360
Casper, WY 82602-2360
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Sex/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.